What is Youtube Monetization?
Monetization means ‘earn money’; YouTube Monetisation means to earn money from the youtube videos uploaded by you by enabling ads on them. When your youtube channel becomes popular and you start getting more views, it is advantageous for companies and businesses and they pay you to let them add their ads between your videos. So basically, the businesses and the companies pay youtube for the advertising and then youtube pays the channel owner some part of that income or profits. This is how YouTube monetization works.
How does YouTube Monetisation work?
Youtube has some guidelines, rules, and standards for monetization. To start monetizing your youtube channel one needs to follow some basic steps.
First, you need to verify your YouTube account. Once you do that you would be able to take the benefits of youtube live and also upload videos of more than 15 minutes. It is a very basic step towards starting.
Secondly, one has to join the YouTube Partner Program. Once you join this youtube partner program you will be eligible to earn money. There are some requirements and guidelines and once one meets those, one is eligible to start getting money for your videos.
Following are the Youtube partner program policies:
- One should have 1000 subscribers on your youtube channel.
- You need to have 4000 hours of watch time over the last 12 months.
- You should have a linked and signed up Adsense account.
Once one meets these requirements and enables monetization on your videos, one can start earning Adsense revenue. This depends on the number of viewers. The more the viewers the more the money you earn.
Youtube makes sure that you are posting relevant and original content. The content should be advertiser-friendly. Apart from advertising, other benefits are advanced product features, strategic support, and technical support. It also provides access to advanced programs like the youtube space and development programs.
Other ways to earn money:
Apart from the pre-roll ads, there are some other ways to monetize your channel.
- Build a large youtube following. More subscribers will fetch you more sponsors. Many YouTubers promote other products on their channel and in their videos. Sponsors pay for the ads.
- You can sell and promote your own products through your videos. This can be free of cost self-advertisement. The revenue would not be split up and the total money will be earned by ourselves.
- You can also create an affiliate relationship by signing up with some affiliate network or also work with a business creating an affiliate relationship.
- Subscribers can pay and get channel memberships to get the special, exclusive, or limited content with some more benefits and extras reserved for paid subscribers.
- One can enable super chat i.e if the subscribers want their comments to be featured in the comment section one has to pay some amount to get that facility.
Once one is done with the youtube monetization strategies, one needs to improve and keep enhancing the strategies to continue making more money. You can follow these things mentioned below.
- Drive people or the subscribers to your channel, website, or product, or anything that you show. Always talk to your customers, be active, and keep the content engaging; this will help you make money.
- Build your network of subscribers or the audience and be consistent and keep them engaging. Be frequently active and keep on updating and posting regularly on your social media handles. The more actively you engage people, the then they will know about you. When the audience stays connected one can sell them the products.
How much one earns through youtube monetization?
As mentioned earlier, it all depends on the number of viewers. More subscribers, more clicks, more views, and hence more money. This is how it works. There is no guaranteed basic income under this program. It all revolves around the cost per click and view basis.
So, I think this is all you need to know about Youtube Monetization. So you too can start earning if you have a youtube channel.
636 total views, 1 views today